As one of only 50 Certified Kinesio® taping Instructors in the US and Canada, I not only utilize Kinesio® taping in my treatments but I conduct workshops to teach others this important skill to enable others to offer this incredibly effective relief for all types of pain syndromes.
For over 25 years, Kinesio® has provided comfort and stability to patients and athletes alike. Kinesio® Tex Gold™ and Kinesio® FP™ offer patients a more gentle approach to rehabilitation than those provided by conventional athletic tapes. On the heels of the unprecedented publicity and positive feedback from the 2008 Games in Beijing, Kinesio® would like to invite you to experience what athletes and medical practitioners around the world are calling the rehabilitative and enhancement tool.
Be advised that an ever growing number of impostors and imitation brands are popping up around the world. Remember that Kinesio® Tex Tape is the world’s original and most trusted elastic therapeutic tape. If you want results that you can count on, Kinesio® Tex Tape is the only choice for you.
Cornerstones of the Kinesio® Taping Method:
- Taping over and around muscles in order to assist and give support or to prevent over-contraction.
- Applying stretch to the tape or to the target area in order to create space under the skin and create the desired effect on the musculature.
- Affecting change in deeper layers of fascia by manipulating the skin and muscle.
- Creating space underneath the skin to improve circulation and lymphatic drainage.
- Utilizing a number of corrective techniques to promote correct muscle and joint function
- Pain relief by targeting the pain and the source of the pain
- Apply tape from the end of the muscle to the beginning (Insertion to Origin)
- Used to relax tired or overused muscles (therapy)
- Apply tape from the beginning of the muscle to the end (Origin to Insertion)
- Used to stimulate weak or underused muscles (rehabilitation)